Wednesday, October 9, 2013

On a Two-Wheeler

Katy got into her head that she needed to conquer the two-wheeler. I had her patiently :) wait for James' help, and last Saturday, he helped her a long a bit.
I saw it out the window at first, then grabbed my camera and got a few shots of her having the time of her life. 
Determination and flying hair. 
 
After many of the falls.
Big smile.
She didn't mind falling, and did a great job for her first time. I was proud of her.
It's so neat (and a bit sad) to see her growing up quickly - learning the bigger ways, and ready to tackle the next challenge. At the same time, that's what makes life extra exciting, is growing up, moving on, and ready to fall...as we learn to keep our balance.

6 comments:

  1. Lizzy, this post made me feel emotional! It is hard to believe your Katy is tackling a 2 wheeler without training wheels already! I am so proud of her - she has got a lot of determination. I love it how she is still smiling even after her fall! Such a precious post!!

    Love Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally choked up at that second-to-last picture... that's the kind of image that makes a daddy cry when his little girl is all grown up. Gorgeous photo, Liz. You captured a precious moment - and the yellow fallen leaves and pink girly bike... perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is her helmet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Anne-Marie and Amanda. :) And Anonymous, her helmet is in the garage. :) Safe and sound.... :) They usually wear them, but this time (of all times!) it was left untouched. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I'm with Amanda, the second-last picture is SO precious. I love that you grabbed the camera and captured such a sweet and poignant moment.
    What a big, brave girl Katelyn is.

    ReplyDelete