Monday, June 9, 2014

Our 6th Anniversary

James and I were able to get away for a night to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. Ben and Deanna watched our three at our house, with their three, and we took our little Amy along. 
We decided to go camping - real tent camping - a first for us since we've been married. :) It was grand fun! We went to The Pinery Provincial Park a couple hours away off Lake Huron, and absolutely enjoyed the 25 hours away, from everything else. 

So happy to be together
 My handsome man. 

 Just before getting to the campground, we stopped at a restaurant - Grog's - for supper. 
 Enjoyed a nice supper on the patio with our little chaperone. :) 
 Such squishyness
The supper:  James' shrimp Penne Alfredo. 
 And I had my usual burger. :) Always happy with a burger, and it fills me up. :) 
Putting up our tent. 

Then we drove to beach on the first night, and just enjoyed the sunset. We went for a nice walk along the beach with Amy in the Ergo later on, to get her to sleep. 


Me taking a picture of him, while he... 
...takes one of me. :) See Andrew and Rebecca - still wearing my Chaco's from you - been 6 years, and still using them. :) 
James encouraged me to take a few shots of this cute little girl playing in the water, so I did - her mom was great about it, and I had fun. 
Me and my littlest girl. 
Daddy and daughter
And me and my little girl. 
James' sunset picture from his phone. It was such a perfect evening. 
Then back to our campsite for a bonfire and some sleep. 
The next morning, we got up, and went to the beach for another nice long walk. Felt so spoiled. 
James looking so cool with the Ergo. :) After this picture, his phone died, as well as my camera. Which was good in a way - as we just enjoyed everything with no pressure to document it. :) We had lunch there, went for a 13 km. bike ride, and an awesome swim - jeans and all - in the water. I loved, loved, loved that. :) So refreshing and fun. :) Then we grabbed some ice-cream from the store, and headed home.
This picture is reminiscent of our honeymoon, when we followed a semi truck being towed as well... :) 
Just like the good old days. :) 
Very thankful for the time away, and for the awesome 6 years God has given me with my best friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment