Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Eight Months

Jason's Latests
-He eats crackers (yum yums)  by himself - and watching him bring food to his mouth is pretty cool for this mom to see.
-He bites down on a teething vibrator...it took him a while to "get it".
-Makes new sounds - blah, dah. 
-He's getting so chubby :) his dietitian said to cut back on the solid foods... :) (20lbs. or so)
-Has the best belly laugh
-Loves face to face contact (though he always has - so it's not the latest)
Once in a while, I think - wait... The other kids were crawling at 6 months, had teeth at, at least round 5 months... and Jason is not at all close to those stages at all... and it can hit my heart. That this is really real. That he won't be hitting all the typical milestones that others can make. 

But it's okay. I know that... 
I can't compare him. Any time I compare, I know the joy will be taken from us. Yeah, I still do once in a while. I'm learning... but probably a ton slower than Jason is. He is such a darling - we all just love him. He's happy yes, especially if you give him lots of attention. :) But hey, aren't we all happier if we get some attention? 

Every little milestone he makes that's typical for other kids, is a bit deal to me. :) Probably always will be. So "you'll" have to be okay with me going nuts over what may seem small to others. :) 
Those precious toes. Can't wait for summer when we can ditch the socks, and I can love on his roly poly rolls. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment