Saturday, April 23, 2022

April 2022- Michael's Surgery

Time for another surgery. 
Michael was scheduled to have a cranial vault expansion - opening up the back of his skull to allow for growth. This shot was at a CT scan a week before the surgery. 
Then wakey wakey - time to go to Mac for another big day.


All the snuggles while we waited. 

Daddy came too. :) 
Then we went home to wait. Never easy to say goodbye. I got to take him into the OR, and help with the vent and such - and then as he's put under, I have to say goodbye. 
But a few hours later, we get the great call that he's out and that I can see him in a few hours. 
My little man in PICU - our first hospital stay since the NICU.



Caitlyn, his former NP, came to say hi - special. 
Holding my little man again. 
I was missing his smiles so much after surgery - so this was right before bed that night... and he smiled. Blessed my heart so much.
Chanise - another nurse, now part of a new team, came to visit. 
Anna stopped in too - one of his primaries in the NICU. Meant so much. 
We were at Mac for two nights - came home on Good Friday afternoon. It took a couple weeks to be back to normal - and those first few days were lots of cuddles. So grateful that his head surgery went well. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment