Wednesday, August 10, 2022

July 2022 - Michael's One Year at home... and the Lord Spared Him Again

Our precious boy.
July 26th - we heard some alarms going off, so James went to check on Michael - he was playing on the floor... and he was going blue. James yelled for me, and I came running. Michael was blue and going unconscious. His trach had come out while rolling and was stuck against his stoma (opening). I was in a panic, but we got the trach back in, started bagging him, and yelled for Kayla, praying over and over that God will spare him and that there would be no brain damage. I thought we were losing him... Katie saw it all-which was pretty scary, but thankfully the other kids weren't around.
Our accountant was over, and she called 911 after I yelled for it, and we got him revived, but he wasn't doing great yet. 
Paramedics were great - got him and I on a stretcher, and and got us to Mac ER fairly quickly. I bagged him almost the whole way there, until I thought I'd faint. It was so intense, but yet was able to be calm. At Mac, tho' he was sorta stable,  he wasn't doing great - his eyes would get so big and look traumatized. A favorite RT came down, and figured out the trach wasn't placed in well in our crazy panic - we did a trach change, and it was immediate calm. Michael settled right down. I felt so relieved, yet wondering if there was any brain damage. We've come so far. And now we may not have the real Michael come back? 
But after some bloodwork, the Dr.'s are confidant that there shouldn't be any brain damage.. so grateful. Another miracle and prayer answered.
We stayed in the ER overnight. James brought dinner and we talked about it all - and what we can do better next time... you get more comfortable when it's been a YEAR (to the day) since being in the NICU with very little emergencies. 
His old nurse came to say hi.
Playing after a good long nap that night.
At 1:30a.m. he wanted to be held - and I didn't mind at all. 


My boy and me - so grateful we still have him.
And finally, after hours of waiting... we were discharged, and went home to celebrate Jason's 5th birthday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment