Friday, December 12, 2008

Mom and Dad's Visit!

Mom and Dad came to visit us just 5 days after we moved in - such perfect timing, and so fun to have them in our own home! They drove the long distance after attending a seminar in the states, and then spent some days with us. It was so delightful!

One of those days, I had to go to Mississauga, so Mom and Dad came with me on the 'maiden voyage' of me driving that far...which went well. They helped me 'shop' for items for the Windmill, and then helped me get some curtains and such items for our house later on in the day. It was kind of like spending the day in the city like old times....but better, cause I got to see James at the end of the day! :) Mom was so sweet to help me get items for our home, and they helped get some curtains up, and odd jobs around the house done.
Eating breakfast in our little home...
Traveling to church I think.... :)
Sunday Dinner with everyone...so fun to have some of both sides together again!
One night mom and dad blessed and took us out to a Chinese dinner, which was so special.
My wonderful parents whom I love dearly!
Us all. For some reasons Chinese resturants always have pastel tablecloths....it must be in the code of the Oriental Resturant Handbook.
The morning they left...dad's eyes are shut, but I still love this picture. My daddy is one of my heroes. And yes, our front door does come off like that. It's not hinged yet, so we just pick it up and move it whenever we need the front door access.... :)
Our last picture together right before they left the Windmill and traveled the long way. It's always hard to say goodbye to family - they mean so much - but I know we are both right where God wants us to be...and I am so glad I don't have to say goodbye to James anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment