Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Of the Daily Life...

At last I should probably say it officially on here.... that yes, we're expecting again. :) I'm now 14 weeks along, and it's going good. I'm sick a bunch, and all the normal things that come with it, so that is good. (though at times I don't think of that as good) We're due the middle of January Lord-willing, and we are excited. It's been different for me, with losing the last one and then anticipating another one again...the excitement is not the same. (though I should clarify - it's still exciting. :) We still have to take it day by day, just as we have to take all life God gives. We have been given this moment.
James and Katelyn looking at the fish.
The other side of the glass. :)
I had been craving Chinese food for days - rattling off menu's to James as we went to sleep at night, and he blessed me by taking us to Chinese food for lunch one day. :) I got enough to satisfy my craving. Unfortunately, it didn't stay down too long.
Katelyn enjoyed the meal too.
Playing with her friend Kilmeny - or more like, stealing her toys away from her. I think it will be a wonderful thing for her to have a sibling. :)
Katelyn loves to help around the house a bit. :) And the vacuum is an interesting piece.
Dressing up. :) James bought some little glasses for the VBS skits, and Katelyn got to model it for us. This week is VBS at our church, but we're just a teeny bit involved. Just so we can get in and see how fun it is for everyone. :) Brings back the CI days.
With Auntie Deanna. :)
Snack time at VBS. Mrs. Easveld shared her cake with a very obliging girl.
The guys that are in the daily skits: Ben (Jud) James (Gpa Orber) and William (Bob - yes, he's supposed to be the techy geek) They all do such a great job acting as country hicks. :) The theme is "Gone Fishing" this week, so each day the guys go back in time to a Bible Story where water/fish/lake etc. is involved - like Jonah, Moses, and I imagine Jesus calming the storms etc.
A fuzzy picture of the guys acing out the skit. They bring in a canoe each day and make us all laugh. So there you go - a bit of an update. :)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! :D So happy for you guys. Katelyn will make a great big sister! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Liz!! I'm excited and prayong for you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you new post darling sis Lizzy!!! Katy looks hilarious with the fake nose, glasses etc. on her and VBS looks like a hoot!! Love you so much and can't wait to meet little "Strudel" one day!
    Hugs,
    Sister Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! That makes me laugh! I can sympathize with you on the Chinese food! I too was craving it...really bad...so Jerry took me out for a Chinese lunch. It was delicious! But unfortunately, it didn't stay down very long, and I don't think I'll be craving Chinese again for a L-O-N-G time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!!!!!!!! So VERY happy for you! And will be praying that you have a normal and healthy pregnancy (even if it includes some discomfort :)).
    the glasses combined with the pacifier is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete