Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Thanksgiving in New York

This year, we all went to Henry and Heather's in Lewiston, for a lovely Canadian Thanksgiving!
We came Sunday evening, and it was kinda like old times - having Sunday evening "snack/dinner" at Henry and Heather's again. I miss those times. :) But we still have them, and treasure them even more I guess. And with Rachel, Hannah and Lydia often in charge of the food, it was extra yummy. :) (Hannah made potato soup, and Rachel made the pizza...)
It was also brother Will's birthday, so James and one of the girls put together a "mocha" cake to celebrate another year. 
Henry and Reuben relaxing.
(Tim took this shot - actually, I took very few of this weekend's pictures. The camera got picked up by lots of people, so I can credit them all. :) But they're mostly from Tim, with some from Diane, and Will I think. :)  
Monday morning - most of us went shopping (since the states stores are open!) in different places. Then we came home and enjoyed an amazing dinner.  
 Tim being his usual self.
 The little kid's table.
 Right before he went to bed for being so cranky.
I know -you'd never guess it. :)
 The mature table.
 The rest of us.
 
 
We all brought something to contribute to the meal - I brought our family's special jello. :)  
 Afterwards, most of the guys had a nap, while us girls visited, did hair, and I did a couple quick photo shoots of Ben and Deanna, and Brad and Diane (which will be on the other blog sometime soon) and then we all went on a lovely walk.
This was when everyone had fun snapping some great shots with the camera. :)
 
 Cute some twosome.
 All of us older Heikoop girls - missing Sarah, Nelly and Marlene
 Sibling love.
 
 James snitching some rotting apples to throw at unsuspecting family members along the walk.
 
 Smashing Dee and Ben.

Caleb, Micah and Tim.
And then, our little man.
Then back at the house, we had some dessert, packed up, and we all headed back to our individual homes.
Humbled and so grateful to God, for the two families I've been given.

2 comments:

  1. You captured your Canadian Thanksgiving in the states beautifully sis!! I'm sure your jello was joyfully devoured! Yes, one would never know that Erik was struggling that picture was taken! He is just too cute for words!
    Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing ... was gonna ask you for some pics ... I didn't even take one ... dumb me:) You're so very gifted at bringing me back and letting me be thankful all over again. Thanks Liz ... loved the memory ... love you guys ... was so much fun being together:)

    ReplyDelete