Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Auntie Time

Dear Anne-Marie took a week off work, to visit us. Little old us, in the-far-away-place. :) 
We were all so excited, and glad how it worked out that she could come for Sarah's wedding too! (which is in another post)
It was such a meaningful time together - she invested lots in the kids, helped me out a lot, we had fun together, and just enjoyed life. 
Auntie brought chalk to do with the kiddos. 
"Laura love" for Amy
Anne-Marie and I went for a delightful pedicure together, and had such a nice time catching up, but I have to get those pictures from her, so now it's just a description. 
Trying out the foam rollers for the wedding a couple days before. :) So cute...but they didn't stay in so well. 

At the wedding rehearsal. Katy ready to practice walking down the isle. 
Isn't he just handsome. :) 
Darling little cutie - after the wedding,

Erik has been begging us to take him to the "jump" park, so we finally did it. 
He was excited, but when we got there, a little overwhelmed with all the big boys doing their jumps. 
It took a bit for him to warm up, and the guys were nice, to give him a bit of space, with us watching closely. :)
Wonder what's going through his mind as he watched the big boys do their thing. 

And when the half pipe was free, Katy had a blast running and sliding around - just like I did when I was little...




So happy, as he built up confidence AND speed.... never thought I'd be mom of a "scooterer". 
Watching on the sidelines. 

When the guys saw my camera, they "performed" for me. :) So I took a bunch of their jumping shots for them. :) 
After the time at the skate park, we went to Dairee Delite to use up the kids verse gift certificates (from VBS). 
All of us enjoying a treat. 
Sisters.

The next day, after church we went to Brad and Diane's for our family dinner. Marv and Marlene were there, so it was a nice catch up afternoon with everyone after the wedding. 
Pretty girl with a Tonka truck. 
They were matching - an accident - but perfect!

Auntie love
Then Benjamin and Katy wanted some pictures of the two of them...after being Ring Bearer and Flower Girl together, they developed a special relationship. :) So cute. 

And a silly shot - funny how Katy has figured out that that is "cool". 
Visiting on the deck. 
Auntie Nel's kisses.
Cute Eden.
We all went to Turkey Point a couple days later, for an afternoon at the beach with Anne-Marie. 
My man who is not afraid of the water anymore. 

Laura splashing around.




Me and Anne-Marie's pedicure - I've got the red, and she's got the yellow. 
Sister Selfie
On the day that Anne-Marie left for the airport, we spent the morning at the Twin Valley Zoo. 
It was lovely, though a quicker run through the zoo.
Watching the swans.
Such a good auntie with these kiddos. 


Awwww. 



Love how Laura is feeding the deer with no fear. 

Playing with the little goats. Then home to lunch, and then....there was this...
Yup - that's a garden. :) And this is my humble moment. (one of many!)
And it's embarrasing...like totally.
One thing I hoped to do while Anne-Marie was here, was to get the green thumb, to help me get control of this mess. And she did. So this is BEFORE. :)
And we stopped for "tea" for a second - by the kids own iniative. 
And yes, this is AFTER. :) So much better.
Now I don't feel like a total neighborhood embarrassement. 
And another shot. :) I told Anne-Marie, please take a before and after. :) 
And she did this with me, right before she had to pack and leave for the airport. 
So thoughtful. Then it was a quick supper, and then time to say goodbye.
I cried. So did Katy.
We held it together for a bit. But I lost it, when we were standing at security watching Anne-Marie go through. I asked Katy, "are you okay?", then she broke down, and I lost it. It hurts when your little girl hurts, and I didn't want to say goodbye either.
It was the bestest time with her - so fun, so good, so sisterly. :) 
Now to wait for the next time! Thanks so much for coming sista!

No comments:

Post a Comment