Friday, March 6, 2015

3 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed...One Fell Off...

...and broke her arm.
Just barely - one of those little buckle/fractures. Small enough to heal quickly - Doctor thought a week, but enough to put a little cast on to protect herself from hurting more.
The kids were having a blast jumping, which I didn't know about, on the bed, and when she fell off, and kept crying, it seemed different. But I wasn't sure, so we went off to Ladies Coffee Hour for a bit, but afterwards, it was time to get it checked out. Thankfully, the Lord worked things out for me, and with the willingness that Shantel had - watched the other three so I could spend the rest of the afternoon at the doctor/hospital. 
 Poor little darling. :) So cute and sad. 
Even though it was kinda painful for her, I did enjoy just snuggling her and being with her all by herself. She was so brave, and sweet. 
 Getting her little pink cast put on. 
On the way home, she was entitled to a doughnut. With sprinkles of course. Which she ate off and left the doughnut. :) 
At home, Rachel T. had stopped by and helped make dinner for us with Shantel. What a blessing that was... the house smelled so good when I walked in. The meal was wonderful too. And even Erik said, "can you teach my mom how to cook like this?" Too funny! :) So thankful to have these young women in my life.  
Shantel put the top heart on her cast, to remind her that God loves her. :) And she remembered. 
The other drawings are by Katie and a couple little friends.
But the funny thing is, that, that night - we wake up to tears. Katelyn was crying as Laura had taken her cast off. All by herself. And she did it again. And again - for a few nights. We'd put in back on in the morning, but she would manage to push it off. So finally, we gave up. :) And I never went back to get it removed. Figured it my two year old can take it off, I don't need a doctor. 
All healed quickly, and she's back to normal. 
And still loves to say "I fell off and broke my arm. Momma called the doctor and the doctor said, No more monkeys jumping on the bed." 

1 comment:

  1. That's adorable! She is such a sweetie. I remember that "monkey meme" being soo funny as kids.

    ReplyDelete