Wednesday, December 30, 2015

We Were Sick...

 For a month, we were sick. I had pneumonia, and then Laura did - two weeks each. I sure have a lot more sympathy for those who get that awful sickness. I've never been so exhausted in my life - and I'm sure pregnancy helped too. I just lived in my bed, the tub, and the couch for those two weeks. Thank God for friends, and family who were able to take the kiddo's here and there, so I could rest.
But I hate resting.
Such a waste of time doing nothing. 
Too tired to read. 
Movie watching isn't fun.
I did listen to some Focus on the Families, but just did so little. Couldn't wait til I could look after the family again and move. Thankfully, I got better just as Laura got it. The poor thing just lay on the couch for a couple weeks, barely complaining.
She was put on antibiotics - finally - taking 3 doctors to confirm it was pneumonia. I was at the pharmacy so many times - ugh - which I totally dislike having to use. One time, it was with all four kids, at lunch time, and nap time - waiting for the drugs....for an hour. I'm going through the till, exhausted, with tears running down my face, thinking we must look/sound awful. Everyone was so tired. Then I look over and see another mom laughing with her two kids, and feel like we're the worst example of a "large family" ever... but we made it out - home, to lunch and naps...
Then Laura developed a horrible rash all over her body - reacting to the medicine. She was so itchy, and looked so awful. Back to the doctor, got on the right medicine. But after one dosage, we were much better.

 She got her Popsicle for being so good at the hospital. - you can see her red splotchy face.
But now, we're back to full strength - as much as you can be when you're pregnant. :)
And we're thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment