Friday, January 27, 2017

Turning 32


Turning 32 was kinda a surprise, as for some strange reason, I thought I was 32 all year! But after having an animated discussion with James about my age, and reaching for my phone to calculate the dates (while he chuckled that I really couldn't remember), I realized I was really going to be 32. Hooray for another year. I like playfully tease and remind James a few weeks before Jan. 5th, to remind him that's it going to be my birthday... because that's what good supportive wives do - help their husbands remember big events. And he always does his best to make it a special day - starting with breakfast in bed, and ending it with ice-cream cake. :) After he left for work, Katie took over to make lunch later on. She was so excited to make this lunch all birthday like - making place cards and fancy straws, and doing the waffles, cheese, carrots and oranges - and then I helped with the perogies. :) 

The sign made by Katie - so sweet. She gets right into birthdays. 
The day was a bit crazy, but when James came home it was much more manageable. :) 
We had tacos for supper, then opened a few presents before William, Amanda, Micah and Krissy with their girls and an exchange student joined us for cake and games. 
Katie gave me a candle that she picked out from the dollar store. And Erik had given me a pizza cutter. It was so sweet. When he had come home from shopping with James, he was telling me of all the things he saw but didn't buy for me. :) James bought me a watch ( which we had picked out together the night before) and Mom Heikoop gave me a much needed kettle! My momma gave me some pizza scissors, and my dear sis gave me a subscription to the Magnolia Journal - magazine by Joanna and Chip Gaines which will be such fun to enjoy.
During present time, it gets a bit crazy, though I think here James was purposely egging them on...
In case you can't see it - Erik is flying through the air. 
Me and my awesome kiddo's. 



Playing Scotland Yard... so much fun. Great memories of playing brother James' game many years ago.

Being "Mr. X" - and surviving fairly long....


Dear gals. :)

Thankful for another year behind and one ahead Lord-willing. :)

Even if I'm still 32. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment