Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Wedding and a Cake

Saturday was the wedding of Corinne and Gideon - sort of almost family to the Heikoops. Corinne is a cousin to Marvin - my sister in law's husband. :) It was a nice wedding, and Katelyn did well sitting through the wedding surrounded by animal crackers and toys. :) No flash photography occurred during the wedding, so that's the only picture from the ceremony.
We sang at the reception - "We Will Fly". It was fun to sing a song from my family's days with my new family. :) And it was nice to play guitars with my man.
The engaged couple...Ben and Deanna. :) To be married in less than 70 days! :) Congratulations to you two. September 3rd is coming up! And I get a new sista in law.
They are rather a nice couple I'd have to say. :)
The bride and groom with their cake...
Very happy too.
And here's Katelyn eating her first cake- angel food with strawberries and cream. She loved it. :)
When we returned home, and put the pre-birthday girl to bed James and I worked on her birthday cake til midnight. I went cooky and James was wonderful. It was kinda fun, except for the being very tired part. :)
The cake turned out cute - and James was the smart guy who thought of the number one on the top. (another cake layer) I'm so glad to be married to a baker. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment