Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Around the Home

Here are a bunch of pictures of life around the home from the past week.

James with his two children.

Uncle Tim came to see the little man one evening. I love this picture of the three of them.
A picture to show off his pudgy and sagging cheeks. :)
On the 17th, Mom flew in to help us out for a few weeks, so we got all bundled up for Erik's first trip, and excitedly drove to the airport!
Now we have two little travelers. :)
At last - seeing my mom. (I hadn't seen her since last May)
It was so fun to unpack all of the packages mom brought with her. Christmas, birthday, baby presents, and some lovely clothes for Katleyn from a dear friend of the family's. Katelyn was super excited to get these adorable pink and brown cowboy boots. They're a little big, but later on she'll get lots of use out of them - adorned with a pink cowgirl hat. :)
My mommy and my little boy.
Then we finally went to the Windmill to show off the little man to everyone there.
Rachel and Katelyn.
And then the nephews made it over to hold their latest couisn.
Caleb
Micah and Julia
Sleeping contentedly
We went to our church gym to celebrate Tim and Deanna's birthdays.
Celebrating with games, food and gifts. :)
Sarah and I.
Katelyn about to play the 'pop the balloon' game. She doesn't look very happy but she had a fun night scooting around the gym while everyone played volleyball.
William won I think - he and James were battling it out at the end.
Racing each other in their cool cars. :)
Getting some cuddle time. It has been such a help to have my mom here. She's been looking after Katelyn, making meals, keeping my house presentable, and loving us all.
Even though everything went so well (though fast and intense) with Erik's birth, recovering took more time. Mostly because I had that terrible cough and cold that has hit many people this year. And then my siatic nerve on my left leg starting acting up again so bad, that at times I couldn't move. I would be stuck to wherever I was, and in lots of pain. It stuck around for about a week, and now I'm doing much better. So having mom around to fill in all the gaps has been super!
Playing blocks. Katelyn is a normal child and loves to whack it over once it's got high enough.
The boys in blue.
Grandma and two of her 17 grandchildren. I love that Katelyn will get to know her a bit more.
And the last picture for now, is of course of Erik. We're loving him. He is such a good baby.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Lizzy!! What wonderful pics you posted!!!!
    Soo good to see more photos of all of you! I loved seeing seeing more recent pics of your handsome son - he is just so chubbers!! I can't wait to kiss those cheeks!! So good seeing Mom in a bunch of the pics with her two eastern grandchildren!! Love you sooo Lizzy!! Thanks for all you do to keep us updated with your superb blog!!
    Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for pictures! Lizzy, you look great, as do your kiddos! Erik reminds me a little bit of Sophia Jost. So glad your Mom is there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures Elizabeth! You can't imagine how excited I am for you and James!You are a beautiful family inside and out.
    Love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you all are enjoying yourself during this blessed time. It's great that you had your mother come and help. I bet it was a joy for her too! Lucky Katelyn, I wish I had some cute boots too- oh, and a hat to top it off :)

    Becky

    ReplyDelete