Thursday, October 27, 2011

Reminders of Love

I'm so thankful for family. And flowers.
The day after we lost our little one, Sarah, Diane and Brad/Ben and Deanna brought me these gorgeous bouquets. I had already been blessed by another friend a few days earlier, so our home is adorned with these displays of love and prayers.
It means a lot to me, especially since I don't have any other reminders of the baby I was loving for 11 weeks. I plan to put these photos in our "heaven babies" scrapbook I started for Yachal - along with the notes we've been given during this time. It will be something for me to keep to remind me of this tiny one - that doesn't even have a name yet...somehow, "tiny one" works for now...until James and I can think about it together. :)
Roses from Sarah.
The incredible bouquet from the two B&D's - this picture doesn't do it justice, and my roses are starting to droop, but Diane had told the florist exactly what she wanted, knowing purple is my favorite and it was impeccable - so lovely to look at it.
James had brought these flowers home from the market for me - just as an i love you - and then it was the night we lost the baby... so I still consider these flowers as part of my baby's flowers. :)
My autumn flowers from Rachel (friend from the Windmill) along with some delicious chocolate that has also been a special treat the past while. :) She brought them over a few days before we actually lost the baby, when she heard what was happening. It means a lot to have such loving friends and family around.
God is good - and faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment