Friday, April 27, 2012

From the Giver of Life

It's amazing how quickly, doubt can be turned to belief.
How fear can be stilled.
How sorrow is turned into joy.
All at the sound of life.
On Sunday I heard a sound I never thought I'd hear.
Tears came quickly, and I praised God.

We heard the heartbeats of our new baby.

I can't actually believe that this little one is still alive, at times.
I could probably count on my hands, the times I've thought about having this new baby. About having three! I almost never let myself hope that it would make it. I didn't want to open my heart to more hurt, if God chose to take it home again. I didn't become vulnerble, and just tried to make it, through the awful sickness (which started as a terrible stomach bug, and continued as morning/all day sickness). But, it's hard to do that without a reason. (you know me, always have to have a reason for why I'm doing something; even if it's throwing up. :) )
But, now everything is starting to change.
(except the morning sickness!)
There is life, and now, for as long as I have this one near me
(...and yes, it may be only another week, 4 months, 6 years, etc...) I want to live in hope and joy. I have to open my heart more to this tiny life, which we are sooo excited over.
We're hoping to meet him/her in November, 10th, 2012.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We told our family/church family at 7 weeks. Yes, that's at little early as most people believe. :)
 I had been sick with that stomach bug for two weeks, and people were guessing that it was something more...and were asking me if I was expecting. :) I managed to dodge it a bit. :) But I needed prayer, and help, so we shared our news, and everyone loved and prayed. :)
And now that I'm at 3 months, it's legal.....(chuckle)  :) So I can tell all of you now. :) 
This pregnancy is probably similar to Erik's, except a lot more exhausting. Maybe that's cause I have two darlings with me. I love bedtime, and naptime, and couchtime. But, I'm having a hard time not getting much done. I have a touch bit more energy than before, so I'm starting to get back into housework. Honestly, making the bed's and cleaning up the breakfast/lunch stuff, makes me feel like a real hard worker! But that's normal, as I know all of you mothers well know.
God has brought different friends and family into my life to help out, at just the right time. Suppers have been dropped off, the kids have been babysat, and my laundry folded. A friend-Rachel-came and spent the whole day with me, helping me clean the house. And of course, having Anne-Marie here was wonderful . There were (and still are at times) days where I didn't think I'd make it.
James has been so patient and loving. I've got the bestest man ever. He'd clean up the mess of the day, while I go to bed. That meant a lot. :)
So there you go - information you probably don't care if you know, but, I write it to record it, to remember that God is faithful to me, and even when I've been in despair, He brings me through it.
And He gives Life...

4 comments:

  1. YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!! So excited for you!!!! Praying God's abundant grace will sustain you, give you strength and see you through the tough times! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it is at times like this, that I feel so very, very far away from you. Wish I could just pop in again to do your laundry or sweep the floors or take the kids so you could have a nap. Love you so much!! I'm happy with you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this beautiful post Lizzy!!! You have an amazing way of expressing your heart!! I love you so incredibly much!!

    Love,
    Sis Annie

    P.S. This picture of you with Erik is so precious! A favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic of you and Erik! You are such a special woman and I amd praying for a great pregnancy and wonderful delivery of your newest member of the family. :)
    Hugs, Erin

    ReplyDelete