Monday, November 12, 2012

Katelyn's Room

Another room that I can finally show you. :)
Katelyn's own room. (for now - she'll be sharing eventually)
Here's the Before - though it's more of the hallway but you can see the end room is Katelyn's room.
(and the nursery - Erik's room for now - is the first door on the right) the bathroom is the first door on the left, and our room is the second door on the left. (with our little linen closet the second little door on the right.
 
BEFORE:
 BEFORE:
AFTER:
Welcome to Katelyn's room!
The bunk bed we got off Kijij and painted it over many nights in our garage. :) The top bunk will eventually be used for more than just jumping...cough...cough... but for now, it's where they like to play. 
 Her "letters" that finally stayed up on the wall. (we ended up using 3M mounting tape)
Don't you just love her bedding? Sigh... me too!
I had seen a picture on pottery barn of this quilt, but of course, they didn't have it anymore. It was one of the only ones that James and I liked, so I searched ebay and found this set - for an amazing deal! It should grow with her for a while. :) Right before we bought it, I found out that the "name" of the quilt is "Katelyn" - amazing eh? :)
The cute polka dot lamp from Auntie Heather Heikoop, and the toy chest and bookshelf are from when I was little. (just a good paint job to update them)
Here's my special "hope chest" that I got from Cameron (and my parents) when I was 8.
Cameron made me a few things for my room.
Now it is super special to pass them along to my little girl.
Here's the before of my hope chest. 
Cameron's first woodworking logo.
And the AFTER:
 
 
I used that blessed Frog Tape to get those pink lines reasonably straight and used hot pink spray paint - a fun project. :)
And the cradle was mine from when I was young too - mom made the pink blanket/pillow that matches the curtins.
The bookself that has housed soo many of my favorite reads over the years.
And yes, I did take my wedding picture down... was just trying out the frame there - decided I may spray paint a wooden one I have for a picture for Katelyn...but that's for another day.
The adorable curtins that my mom made when she was here. Aren't they cute?
Katy's picture.
The artwork we created together - from an idea we saw on pintrest. :)
It has been fun to see what we can make with just using what we have around the house.
I spent an afternoon cutting out butterflies, - they're Katelyn's favorite "animals". :)

And the room being put to use. :)
Auntie Anne-Marie and Katelyn enjoying a book together.
*Updated*
Katy's closet :)
We had a dresser in there before, but switched it up for shelving and pink totes.

 And I mad these artwork "boards" at our church getaway weekend.
Here's what they look like. :)


1 comment: