Thursday, November 8, 2012

While I'm Waiting...

Almost there...Saturday is the official due date. :)
Which is crazy. Feels like this pregnancy has gone sooo fast...
...and has taken forever. :)
Especially this last month.
But I know it can't last much longer, which is exciting.
With all the pre-labor that's been going on, it keeps leaving me hanging, and making it challenging mentally, as I get ready for this birth, and then the contractions just stop. My midwives think it will be a bit faster one, but only God knows...(and I am trying to prepare for a long labor, just in case!) so every time something starts, I gear up, and then have to let that all go, as things stop.
So good for me. Being patient that is.
It feels like God is teaching me to rest in Him, and just carry on...
 
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.  
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday. 
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him." Psalm 37:5-7
 
These lyrics have been going around in my head a bit lately - the whole idea of while we wait, we keep going. We don't just sit down and wait for what we want, need or even for what we dread. But we keep doing what we're supposed to be doing while we wait for God to make the next step visible for us.
 
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord
-Jon Waller
 
So, I've kept at some projects, tried to enjoy all the cuddle moments with the kids before a newborn will take more of my time, and had a couple dates with James, and tried to keep a good attitude - but honestly, I'm kinda tired. Tired of waiting, tired of sleeping, tired of keeping going. It's one of those days where motivation barely exists in my life. But I have to keep going!
Having Anne-Marie here the last week has been so helpful. The kids love her and it has made it wonderful as I've been getting more sleep in, and we've been working on things together. Every time this home gets all cleaned up and organized, I think "k, baby, we're ready now" but this baby just doesn't get it! :) I know - really shouldn't be complaining - I'm not even overdue yet - :) Just had to get it out, dear reader. :)
So....now to carry on.
"...While I'm waiting, I will serve You..."
Me and the baby, a couple nights ago - 39 weeks.

4 comments:

  1. Liz,
    You're SO beautiful! Love the pic of you.... and the words to that song - AMAZING! It's been running through my head too!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious post sis! Truly you do this waiting thing well! Love you so much sis!

    Sis,
    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I hope that little one comes soon for you! Glad you have some help for these next weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lizzie, you say it so well. Your heart to "do this well" really comes through, though I know you're so not feeling the feelings you want to. I'm praying for you, sweet sister. Wish I could be there and fill your moments with such foolishness and laughter that labor would totally take you by surprise! You are doing so well, Liz. Your body is a living sacrifice... bless you for using it for Him, Liz. He doesn't NOT notice. - Rebecca

    ReplyDelete