Thursday, January 9, 2014

Turning 29


My 29th birthday was a special day for me. One where I felt so loved, (not that I don't every day!) and honestly, just soaked it in. :)

The evening before, James had just come back from painting all day, when he told me that someone was coming to pick me up for dinner... turned out to be Shelly, and off we two went for a lovely evening of heart fellowship and the most amazing burgers at "the Works". Such a fun place, that I will have to take James to on an upcoming date. You know me and burgers. Sounds so unsophisticated for 29, but that's the honest truth. I sure appreciated her taking the time for us to catch up and enjoy some quiet adult time. We both had been stuck in the house for almost a week.
When I came home, I found some balloons and streamers had been put up, and a tired Dad. :) James had braved the cold with the kids, and took them to Walmart for decorations for me. :) In between decorating, he was trying to keep the sprinkles and food coloring from getting everywhere... guess it was kinda busy. But it was pretty tidy when I returned, so he was successful in his evening. :)

Then it was my birthday.
James and the kids brought me breakfast in bed -which I wolfed down, as we had to leave for church in 20 minutes. :) Appreciated the time at the chapel with everyone - even had our Sunday School kids sing "happy birthday" to me while James and I were doing music with them. :)
We went to the Windmill for lunch - joined most of the family over a yummy meatball and potatoes dinner, and then Nelly brought out an ice-cream cake she had made for me. An Oreo one none the less! I was quite thrilled. :) Got a few lovely gifts, and after some cleanup, the kids were watched by a few aunties/uncles, while James and I went for a snowy walk around the trail.
On our way back we met some friends - newlyweds Ty and Kate that were home for Christmas, so we got a chat in with them on the way back to the Windmill, and caught up with their mom's who were with them too. Such a neat surprise.
Then it was back to the chapel for evening service, and then home for some quick dinner, and a mini party. :)




The kids and James had got me a nice silver necklace (which Erik is covering up :)

My cutie kids.

The wild fuzzy thing enjoying the balloons.

Then it was downstairs to hit the pinata that we had made the day before. Nothing extravagant - just a balloon covered with paper mache and newspaper with some chocolate balls inside. :)
But they had fun.

Thankful for another year with my crazy, cute, challenging and sweet family.
So with this year - my last year of being in my twenties (doesn't that shocking? I'm not old enough to be thirty yet...still look like the kid's babysitter!) I have a few things that I want to achieve and learn, and teach the children.
Some of that is to work hard on teaching the kids memory verses as well as for me and James to memorize together. We're wanting to start with Colossians, so we'll see how it goes.
I'm thankful for a man who is excited to make goals with me, and work together to achieve them.
Lord-willing, it will be another amazing year.
As long as we're walking with Him, and He's holding onto us, it shall be.


No comments:

Post a Comment