Tuesday, May 27, 2014

All Through the Night

Little Amy, had a few weeks where she'd wouldn't fall asleep til 1-1:30 a.m. every night. That was a bit tiring...but I got into a routine of putting her in my baby wrap, get all cozy with my robe over top us both, and head downstairs, swaying her to sleep, while watching the Duggars or something interesting. That way, I didn't get frustrated with the sleep that I was missing out on, but rather, enjoyed my "quiet" time, and my little girl would eventually fall asleep. Then I'd carefully put her down, hoping I'd fall asleep before she wakes up again...
Good and tiring times. 
These not-so-fun moments. Even though you wish you could have more sleep, and that life would get a bit simpler, you know you wouldn't trade it for anything... In the end, you know you wouldn't. I know that  when I'm 75, I know I'll be wishing for these days again. 
But for tonight...little girl... go to sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment