Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Let's Go Fly a Kite

It was a perfect kite flying day. :) I had noticed our neighbors flying a kite, so I asked James that if I should pick up one for the kids to try out. He said if I happened to come across any, during my errands, then sure. :) Well, me of little faith, sure didn't think that I'd happen on any, especially not in a thrift store. But there they were. :) So we went to the park with two new kites, and tried to put them together. 
Assembling the bits of wood and string while the kids waited. 
Little Miss Amy in her seater. 
Success - it went up. :) Erik enjoyed it, but not for as long as I thought he'd would. 
Poor Laura was feeling sick that day - yes, we've had a crazy amount of sickenss, but we're almost on the mend again.
still so cute. 
This. Is. Erik.
This is what he looks like most of the time. Thinking. Holding his lips for security - like some kids suck their thumbs, or play with their hair. Our sweet boy. 
And here is his other face. :) Energetic and ready to go. 
I love this. Totally Epic.
When you fly a kite, it has to get caught in a tree for authenticness. 
And yes, he got it out. And as James says of himself... "like Papa Bear - Not yet, not yet, not yet my son. First comes the lesson, then comes the fun." :) 
Posing for me. 

And here's my Katy. 
And her sweet eyelashes. 
Love this family. 

1 comment:

  1. Lizzy - these photos warm my heart! You and James are so good at making memorable family photos! Your kids are so blessed to have parents like you!

    Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete