Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Of Dirt & Powders

The weather has been getting more and more gorgeous these past couple days, and I've been venturing out...coming out of hibernation. But for all of my neighbors that saw me go into the house before the snow flew, I've come out with four. :) 
So far, walking with four hasn't been too crazy -though getting everyone in their shoes, and coats is more on the chaotic side. (so thankful Erik and Katie can mostly dress themselves!) And the playpen is a great holding cell for Laura when I'm getting the others ready!
Anyways - we went to the park today for the first time -whohoo. It was like a whole new world for Laura. 
She love the slide and the dirt.
And this cute little bug below, was climbing the "monkey" bars, when she did a face plant in the wet sand. It was soo cute...wish I had had a camera when she came up, but made sure to get a later version when we got home. I love dirt on her face. :) 

And this was my bright idea of the day - posted especially for my mom. :) 
I was cleaning out my makeup bag today, (I'm on a post-partum "nesting" urge) and was annoyed by all the half used containers of eye shadow I had - and you know how the lids all break off, so you get the powder everywhere? Well, I went scrounging through the house, trying to think of a new way to contain them all - when bam - an old CD case and some super glue, and I have a new holder for my bits of eye-shadow. Looks a bit pathetic, but hopefully it will work! I carefully used a sharp knife to edge out the little containers they were in out of the plastic shell, and glued them on. We'll see how it holds up, but for now, it's kinda nice. 

2 comments:

  1. Your make-up fix is pretty much genius. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, Liz...the make up thing! I might have to try that! : ) Mine are just all over the place (not that I use it that much any more...and having them all in front of me might just be the thing that works! : ) Cute picture of the darling dirty face too! : )

    ReplyDelete