Tuesday, April 22, 2014

They Baked...We Cleaned

So, after the full weekend, James let me sleep in while working from home. 
And while he worked, and I slept, the kids (Katy and Erik) baked...and oh my... did they bake. :) 
This is what I woke up to - well almost...the cereal hadn't been dumped out yet -by Laura - and the flour wasn't out yet. 
The story: James got them started, and really,  it wasn't too messy, until Erik got into the flour, and then put a bunch of salt in the batter, alongside the chocolate sprinkles, eggs, and chocolate chips, and peanut butter. They had a blast.... :) Flour was tracked right to the downstairs. 
I have to confess, I wasn't thrilled. :( Not even a bit. :) More like, annoyed, frustrated, and wondering why I bothered to sleep in.
But my sweet man, he cleaned up almost everything for me. Happily, with laughter, and probably a "let's not do that again type of thought". :) 
And even though I probably wouldn't let them do that kind of baking alone, you know what -I'm glad he lets them try things out. :) Yes it was a mess, but he was able to work, and I was able to sleep, and maybe the kids even learned something. They'll probably laugh about it when they're older, about the crazy time they baked all by themselves, trying to cut out crumbling cookies with a cookie cutter... oh my...
James is such a  great dad, and I am so glad he lets the kids experience life...and is there to clean up the mess!

1 comment:

  1. I love it how James thinks outside the box! :) Too funny!

    Love,
    Annie

    ReplyDelete