Thursday, April 3, 2014

Love Never Dies.... (Valentines Day)

A few pictures to remember our Valentines Day...already so long ago
The kids and I had made a glittery heart garland for some decor. 
It was pretty, but I am a firm believer that glitter belongs OUTDOORS, and should only be used in the summer! 

Katelyn made a sign - "Happy Valentines" to hang on the garland.

When I came into the kitchen on Valentine's Day morning, I found these once-beautiful roses on the counter with a card from my sweetheart. :) Such a lovely surprise, as I hadn't expected anything. They were so gorgeous and lasted for a long time...but of course, I didn't take a picture of them alive.... but did get one one they were good and dead. :) 
We had decided not to do anything extra special on Valentines- just have a good time with the kids. But as James was coming home from work he called me and mentioned that Diane and Brad had made and now canceled a dinner reservation as their plans had switched to somewhere else, and we could drop the kids off at their place as Shantel was babysitting their girls anyways, and go take their reservation. :) So, in 20 minutes, I got ready quickly, and the kids, and off we went for a fun evening together. :) 
The dinner (at Kirby's) was nice - a Valentines Buffet, and we enjoyed ourselves. Then, since Home Depot was next door, we finished off our date with looking at some home reno stuff. It was nice, not to have to take the kids in while we're looking at taps and such. :) 
Then, picked up the kids, enjoyed a smoothie at D&B's, and home again jiggity jig. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment