Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Kitchen Renovation

Well here you go at last - our kitchen. :) 
And to remind you of what it looked like...
BEFORE:

And we can't forget the
 DURING:
I am so glad that these days for now are over.... :) 
And here we are. 
When I took this picture, there were still a few more things to fix, but it was almost done.
One day, we'll get some bar stools, but for now, it works just fine. 


My pantry which is amazing. My favorite thing is that my toaster is in a little bin and life is crumb free. :) All the shelves slide out, which is great. 


My "THM"cupboard - love having everything close to my blender. 
The corner pantry which Amy loooves to play in. 
And just to remind us all that THIS ABOVE is real life. :) 
Unorganized and thrown in. Just like many of my drawers. :) 

And my favorite drawer - messy it may be. :) It's my books, my planner, and close to my fingertips. :) 
I just love my flooring in my kitchen. It's linoleum, hides the never-ending trail of crumbs, and it's comfortable. Dishes don't easily break too, which is another bonus. 
And to show how real my life is - look what I put in the hallway while I took the pictures. :) Haha - then they went back on in the counter. (or hopefully in the fridge like a good girl should do)
So blessed to have this done - and for my man who worked so hard to make this a reality. Of course for him, he doesn't get to enjoy it in the same way as I do, but still did all the work to make life easier for me. :) I'm blessed, and I know it. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so lovely!! Reminds me of an iheartorganizing project (which I heart!). How long have you've been doing THM? You always look great! :-) Wanting to start soon myself... just need to purchase some of those pricey items first. :-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Laura! :) Always love seeing pictures of you guys online. (and I know - I absolutely love iheartorganizing too! I've been doing THM for about a year (about 80% of the year) - have lost 30 lbs, with a few more to go. I love it - there's so many good recipes out there, you don't feel like you're missing out to much. :) (except for Oreos...) So thankful for this weight loss way of eating....

      Delete
  2. LOVE your new kitchen! Now I have kitchen envy! ; ) Did James do it all himself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda - yeah, James and I did the whole thing together - except for a bit of help installing the pot lights, and William came one evening to help prep the previous tile flooring and some mudding. We've been working on it since November, so I'm quite excited that it's pretty much done. With four little ones swarming around us, it definitely was a challenge. But a good one. :)

      Delete
  3. :-) It's fun that something like CI's make years-long friends out of people! :-P Good job on your weight loss! I have some baby weight from my first pregnancy, and now I'm expecting again. As I've told a few people, nothing makes you want to lose weight like getting pregnant! lol. I'm hoping incorporating some THM will help with weight gain management!

    ReplyDelete