Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I'll be Home for Christmas...

Flying back to Mom and Dad's for Christmas was really special, and both James and I had a lot of fun being back with everyone again. Our flight from Hamilton was an hour late, but so thankful to the Lord that it wasn't cancelled. We made it to Calgary by 10 p.m., and mom and dad picked us up, and we arrived home at 3 a.m. Christmas morning. I couldn't wait to get up the next morning to see everyone - some of who I hadn't seen since the wedding.....so it was a pretty special morning.

Then came the presents, which was a lot of fun to unwrap...So thankful to spend another Christmas with our dear grandparents...every day is a blessing. Lisa gave us both matching sleepers for our new little ones. :) So if I have a big baby, and Rebecca has a tiny one, we maybe could have our children wearing them at the same time. :) Whatever the case, they'll be cuddled in them.

Samuel made James and I our first Nativity, which we had up with the rest of our Christmas decorations until last week. :) Thanks Sam.The boys posing with their new books.

The Fehr Children's Choir singing so beautifully! I love seeing how Heather and James are training them to sing for the Lord.

Alanna reading a story to the cousins.

And then my turn. I miss reading the kids their bedtime story every so often. Treasure it while I can, and pretty soon, James and I'll be reading stories to our own little one.

My baby cakes, Cassey, who I love dearly. :)
On the sledding hill one afternoon. James and I. :)
My amazing elder sister Anne-Marie....love you lots. Us sisters all recieved matching 'Gortex' earmuffs from Tim. :)

Little Karina being adorable. :)

The newest little Fehrs - Cadence and Olivia. So neat to finally get to know these little ones.

Felicity and Alanna were such cute girl cousins and the best playmates.

Decorating Christmas cookies, coordinated and prepped by Anne-Marie.

Three little snow angels.


Three of the four couples and Rebecca pulling a face as always, Lisa looking calm and serene as always, and Liz looking dopey as always. :)

The girls tea party.

James and Olivia.
James and I...so blessed with that man of mine.

Megan looking so winsome as always.

The four married guys looking at pictures.
The brown and orange side of the dinner table.

Rebecca and Karina - doesn't that picture make you smile! :)
Beautiful Heather on her birthday - love ya sis!James pulling a face - sorry brother, but you had to make it on looking goofy once. :)
And the lovely couple on dear Heather's birthday.


And what time together would be complete without playing games? :)

So it was an awesome time as a family, and then came the hard part: saying goodbye to our family knowing that for some of us, we won't see each other until after our baby is born Lord willing. Despite the hard parting, it reminds me that we are so blessed to come from such a loving and close family, and it reminds that we're all in God's hands, and that heaven will be even sweeter because no goodbyes will have to be said...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and love the account of your time back in Alberta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes.. beautiful photos! (beautiful subjects!) Just teasing, Liz. = ) I relished your time home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete