Thursday, January 15, 2009

My 24th birthday!

We started 'celebrating' my birthday with having everyone over to our place on Sunday night for snacks, so we could celebrate Micah's, and Julia's birthday with mine. I'm sandwhiched right between them both. Julia's is on the 4th, and Micah's is on hte 6th. So James put candles for all three of us on a trifle we had made, and we enjoyed an evening of just food and visiting together. Erin Coates came over, which was so sweet of her.
My birthay breakfast in bed made by my dear husband. I was really hoping for this tradition on my birthday, and he comes in with this lovely meal for me. It didn't stay down long, but it was great while it lasted. :)
We met with Rob, Nelly and Mark for lunch at Cora's. :) Nel and Rob had just flown in from Matitoba that morning, so it was very nice of them to get together. The resturant gave me a fancy apple for my birthday. :)

My siblings...in law. :)

My birthday present from James - a lime green suitcase! (like it Sarah? :) So I'm ready to travel now if I need to...which I don't need to for a while so in the meantime it holds clothes that I can't wear right now.

For the rest of the day, we did some shopping, went out for supper with brother Ben, and then headed to the Toman's for skating on their pond. I hadn't skated for over a year, and with expecting, I felt unsure on the ice, but I'm getting back to it a bit...a little more carefully though. :) Then home to sleep.

It was a different birthday, and at times hard, but I'm surrounded by my new family who I love, and my amazing husband who has given me so much. I'm blessed and now 24. :)

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah I like it!!...LOVE it!! :):):)
    such good taste!! :P
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete