Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our news! :)

Even though I'm sure everyone who actually reads this blog, knows by now, we just have to formally announce that a little Heikoop is on the way, due at the end of June. :) James and I are super excited, and can't wait to hold this baby in 6 months, Lord willing. We are able to have a midwife, and a home birth, which will be lovely. There is a midwifery clinic here in Brantford, and one of the midwives that we're working with is a homeschooled, former ATI girl, so that is kind of neat - to have a connection with her.

Yesterday, (Jan 6th) we went for our second appointment, and everything is great so far! I am just starting to get over being sick - even though I'm still throwing up every day or two...but some energy is coming back, and I'm not having the all day nausea, and all day/night sickness, so that is a blessing. Working through being sick, especially at the Windmill, with all the smells has been tough sometimes....one just has to run up and give up the stomach's holdings, with all the different kind of food smells...like from the bakery, which has been the worst. :) Poor James. :) The resturant has helped too...but it's all for a good cause, and I am thankful that I have been sick/am sick. :) It sure helps me to be more thankful to our mothers who have had to go through a lot to have us little kidlets.

I'm at 16 weeks already - so that's pretty cool...although am fighting the challenge of trying to find skirts that don't squash our little Hammy. Pretty soon I'll be wearing blankets in a wrap fashion. :)

So there you go....Here's a couple pictures of me-on one of my sicker days- that we had to keep 'hidden' from the world. :) It's of me sitting in the bakery proofer, eating crackers and cheese curds, while waiting for James to finish the bakery work for a Monday. The best place to help a baby rise, is a bakery proofer. :) (and it kept me warm)

My patient and amazing husband has been incredible to me through these changes. SO thankful for Him.

(and yes...Christmas and other pictures will be coming soon....just trying to work on my wedding album...got a deadline for it.)

2 comments:

  1. I know most of us already know the news, but somebody needs to make a comment... CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN! I'm so excited for you both! I love the pic of Liz sitting in the proofing room... poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very exciting to think of you both becoming 'Mom & Dad' ... (encouraging parents you'd both be, I'd think)

    My mom told me when I was expecting Andrea, "It will be so nice for you to have your own flesh and blood close to your side when your family is so far away! " A comfort for you to Lizzy " :)

    Andrea, Ryan, Valerie, Ivan, Nevin & Benjamin will love to enjoy another cousin!! A BIG HUG -M&M

    ReplyDelete