Tuesday, March 16, 2010

...Til Heaven...

Last night we buried out baby, which was special. It had stopped raining, so we could do it, and the timing was just right. Like I said to James, "I want to get the baby out of the house, but I don't want the baby out of the house." It's time to move on, yet with sweet memories. :) We're doing well, and every day I feel better.
Yachal's little spot.
We post a couple poems on some stationary and lamineted it - just some thoughts of our baby. One was just a nice poem we found, and the other was by James.
Precious Little One
I'm just a precious little one who didn't make it there
I went straight to be with Jesus but I'm waiting for you there
Many dwelling here where I live waited years to enter in
Struggled through a world of sorrow, a world marred with pain & sin.
Thank-you for the life you gave mel; it was brief but don't complain.
I have all Heaven's Glory, suffered none of earth's great pain.
Thank-you for the name you gave me, I'd have love bring God fame.
But if I'd lingered here in earth's shadows, I would have suffered just the same.
So sweet family-don't you sorrow, wipe those tears and chase the gloom.
I went straight to Jesus' arms, from my loving mother's womb.
-Author Unknown
"I hardly knew my family, but someone told me this,
That spending time with Bonnie in this heaven of bliss,
Will give me an idea of what my mother's like,
And her and I are chanting...
'Continue on the fight'."
-James Heikoop
Katelyn by Auntie Bonnie and her sibling's grave.
The whole family. God is good.

8 comments:

  1. I write with tears streaming down my face. I wish everyone would treat life with the preciousness that you both do. Those poems were absolutely beautiful!! Loads of love, Mom Fehr

    ReplyDelete
  2. How special that you have such a place to bury your little one. The poem and your attitude is so precious. There is such a mystery about all who know Christ: we hold life as so precious, yet we can trust it completely to our Lord.
    Trust that you continue to heal.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are all so precious and hearing how devoted you are to His will for your lives, no matter what, is really beautiful! I know the Lord is glorified as you trust Him through your grief. Praying for you and hope you feel stronger everyday, Liz. That little Katelyn has a smile bright enough to light up Mt. Pleasant! And she does...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOps, forgot to sign the above!!

    Love in Jesus,

    Aunt Lisa xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post and beautiful poem. Love the three of ya so much and I am praying for you!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you guys. . .beautiful poems.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elizabeth,

    You are such an inspiration to me. Reading how you are dealing with this, and seeing your strength is so precious. I can't say that I know how you feel - I don't know how it feels to lose a child. But you have handled it with such grace, and I know that God has and will continue to carry you through this. Katelyn's pictures are precious. You are very blessed.

    Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Love and hugs,

    Michael, Lauryn(I wrote this), Emma and Coby Olson

    ReplyDelete
  8. James & Liz and our sweet little missy, Katelyn... I've thought of you three umpteen times these last days, and had so many tears for you. Liz, thank you for sharing your heart this openly with us, letting us enter your grief. I love how beautiful of a spot you made for baby Yachal, how "real" you treat this precious life. That sounds silly in a way, but so few really sense the aliveness of a miscarried baby. So glad that our Junior can dance and run and play and giggle with your munchkin in glory! Just imagine when we can join them, Liz. ~ Rebecca

    ReplyDelete