Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Monday Together

Last Monday, after a morning of working, we headed over past Simcoe, to Triple C Campground - a Christian campsite - where we spent a leisurely afternoon. They are right on Lake Erie, and have a few fun things to do at the campground.
We spent a few minutes in the pool which was refreshing respite after so many hot humid days.
And right outside the pool, there was an enclosed area for children to play. There were a ton of ride-on toys which blessed the cockles of Katelyn's heart. She spent the next 45 minutes going from one car, to the next boat, to the kids picnic table, any chair her size...and back and forth again.
She absolutely loves pushing toys too - often at our church gym, she'll be pushing one of the 4 year boys around on the cars. :)
Concentrating on playing...
We 'played' with her for a bit, then sat on the grass outside the fence, and watched her, between reading a book together and eating fresh peaches we picked up for the Windmill (and for me to can) right before.
We walked down to the lake and watched the waves come in. It wasn't a swimming area, and with a dead fish right in front of us, quite stinky. :) We enjoyed the view, took some pictures, and walked back up. :)

Us three and a sippy cup.
Walking back up the hill. A wonderful daddy...
Playing on the swings before we left. James pushed me on the swings, even giving me under ducks :) which I hadn't had for a loooonnngg time. He pushed me so high, I was getting scared, pleading with him to stop, and Katelyn just stood there laughing at me - along with James. :)
But I made it back to the ground safely, and then we headed home. :) A lovely day....


1 comment:

  1. Aw, I just love your blog. I love the sippy cup being included in the caption... and I giggled out loud and heard myself say, "Awww!" when Katelyn giggled and waved bye-bye to daddy at the end of the video. I miss you, Liz.

    ReplyDelete