Saturday, September 17, 2011

Peaches & Soccer

Peaches are one of my favorite things about late summer.
James brought over 20 gallons home for us to can one Monday morning. Thankfully, he did the peeling, and I did the jam making. (I so do not like the time peeling takes-he is way more patient than me) :)
From this...
...to this. I'm thankful for the availability of peaches here. Such a treat.
Katelyn did her own type of canning that day. (at least her bear is the right color) I think that bear is praying for mercy. :)
Then after a crazy morning of canning, we went over to Williams for a soccer game with some other friends. James and the others had a blast, while another mom - Shelly - and I went to the park with the kiddos. After a while, Katelyn, Erik and I watched the game for a bit. Katelyn got to "help" play for a second.
Cheering for daddy.
Giving Daddy a kiss after his second whack on the head that afternoon.
Just a lovely productive and fun Monday.
It's a good kinda day.

1 comment:

  1. All those jars of jam and peaches reminds of the days in Ashcroft when we would put up scores of fruit for the winter monthS!! They look so good on the shelves - I loved to see that!! (and feel like I had accomplished so much!) and you gals were right by my side helping me!! mom Proud of you, Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete