Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 6 {Sparkling House}

{Unexpected Gift}
 
One evening, right before Christmas, a couple from our church came over bringing a present wrapped up in cellaphane. It was this vintage "cookie shop", complete with tiny, glowing Christmas lights.
Well, they told me to open it up, and as soon as I lifted the top, I understood. :)
It perfectly held, 3 large packages of Oreos - my favorite cookie! This couple has been giving me Oreos on and off for the past couple years, as they (along with the rest of our church!) know my love for them, yet I will rarely ever buy them. So they totally blessed me with those treats, as well as this cute house!
We kept it under our tree, turning the lights on every so often, as a special decoration.
A neat example of thought-out generosity, and the joy there is in giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment