Saturday, December 23, 2017

Jason's Surgery


  It finally happened - Jason's reversal surgery for his ostomy bag. 
December 5th. We left early in the morning, with two crying kids at the door who didn't want us to go again.... and then waited in the different waiting rooms, until James had to leave for work... then it was just us two - waiting a little nervously, for Jason to be taken. 
 Honestly, when the sweet nurse came in to take Jason from me - I felt like I was betraying him. Giving him to a nice stranger to have to go through a bunch of pain again... oh how I hated it. 
Then I spent the next 3-4 hours in a waiting room with a bunch of other nervous parents... as each of their children were being operated in  - one was in a 10 hours back surgery. I read, tried to attack a bunch of the goal planning I was going to do while at hospital for what they said could be a week - with our backpacks scattered around me.
Then, the dear Dr. Bailey came in, with a smile, and said how well things went. I was so happy.... had some wet eyes :), and couldn't wait til the next nurse took me to him. Praise God
Finally, there was a bed that was wheeled by the room, and there they were with Jason - takinghim to PICU - and he was awake. So happy to see my little boy. 

 Diane stopped by and brought me food to last me for over a day. :) Some of it which included a Booster Juice Smoothie and an Oreo cupcake!!
 We got settled in PICU for about 7 hours, and while he slept, and all, I contnued to read and all.... then we were moved to Pediatrics as he was doing so well, and others needed the bed. 
These are all pictures from my phone - so some are blurry and dark, but I don't have time to edit them at this point. :) 
The next night, James and Anne-Marie brought all the kids to see us - so nice, but crazy. We shared a room with another baby - both of ours had done a lot of crying together - so anytime the other was sleeping, we tried to be quiet. :) 
 Anne-Marie sweetly held him so I could go with the other kids. 
 So James and I went into one of the family lounges and "played" Monopoly. 
It was so nice to see the kids, but anytime I leave them, they just cry and cry - so that was the only time they came. :) 
 My sleeping cherub. 
 Reading by his bed. Trying to use this time both to love, and prepare for next year. It was kinda like a mini vacay with just him and me.
James would come most evenings which was so nice. 
The cots were great as usual - always so tired, so I fell asleep so quickly. 
 Playing with a rattle - it was so cute. On the 4th day he was back to himself - which was so nice. 
Ben and Deanna came to visit one night which was lovely.
And another dear friend - Amy - came and spent like 3 hours just encouraging me. So refreshing and humbled by all the love. 
We had so many great nurses - many of them I knew from our other visits. All glad to see Jason again. :) 

And then we got to go home! Only were in for 5 days. He did so well - only needed pain med for 3 days. 
So thankful for all the prayers and love. God blessed us once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment