Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Weekend

After church on Sunday, and ladies choir practice, James and I headed up to Collingwood (3 hours north) to join Rob, Diane and William, and friend Andrew W. for a weekend of skiing. A friend up there got us a great deal on a chalet, and we had such a fun time up there together. I didn't go skiing, but enjoyed the time up there a lot....it was fun practicing to be a mom, and be like my sacrificial mom - waiting at the bottom of the hill/ski lodge and watch them come down and take the pictures. :)
Us two on the way up north - taking a 5 min walk/break from driving.
My James - Stan from Laurel/Hardy. :)
Getting fitted up at the Rental place.
Watching the fun.
Diane and me.
Then I had an absolute blast, as while they hit the slopes, I got to go swimming all morning! The rental of the chalet included using the hotel/resort's pool and hot tubs, so I had an awesome time. I haven't been that relaxed for ages, as I swam and exercised in the water. There was another lady that was expecting, so we had a nice little visit as well.
And yes...I had to get a picture- (once the pool was just mine) :) so I set it up on the edge...carefully...clicked the timer, and jumped into the pool. :)
Then after the morning of skiing, we all met back at the chalet for lunch, and packing up our things.
James and Diane.
Our chalet, with William posing up there. (we had the bottom floor to ourselves)
On the way back to the ski hill.
The guys up front.
James, Andrew, William and Diane getting ready for the hill.
And me...getting in the group picture as well. :)
Just the guys. (posing)
...a little more normal. :)
Us two at the end of the day. :) While they were skiing, I was in the lodge reading, and organizing my computer...and watching the hill to see if they were coming down. :)
At the end of the day, James and I left earlier and had a quick Swiss Chalet supper before the trip home. It was a lovely time. :) Then home to tray up and sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much Lizzy for keeping up with news and pictures!! If ya can't be there, it's fun to even see it! :)
    Man I miss you guys so much!!
    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete