Friday, February 17, 2012

She Has Seen Jesus

A few hours ago, my Grandma saw the most Incredible sight a person will ever see.
The One she was looking forward to seeing for many years.
The One about Whom she read of, for so many faithful years.
She saw Jesus.
"I can only imagine..."
 My Great Aunt Ruth (left) and her sister, (my Grandma) Esther Charlotte Jost.
Both of them have seen Jesus now, and are again, together.
What joy they have. Even if we're cyring abit down here.
But it's what we've prayed for, and I'm thankful.
I've been told that Grandma has been unresponsive since last night, in a kind of coma I'm guessing. She had oxygen, but as far as we know, no pain medication, so she was hopefully pain-free.
 My sweet sisters, Anne-Marie and Charissa, were with her for the afternoon, while mom was in a nearby city and couldn't get home in time. Shortly after my sisters returned home, they were called - Grandma had gone.
It seems so final.
Especially, since I'm so far away from them all, it almost seems surreal.
Everytime I saw them, (the last time was last February 2011) I would have tears, as I said goodbye. This could be the last time, I'd think, as we drove away. And eventually it was the last time I'd see Grandma here.
But it isn't the last.
My Grandparents 
Together for over 60 years (I think 65?)
Now my Grandpa is a widower.
He was strong today, I heard through that blessed telephone wire.
He's thankful that his Esther is home, and totally whole.
{picture taken at Christmas 2011}
My mommy, with her mommy.
{You never stop being a mom, or loving your mommy}
I have had the privilege, the honor, the legacy, of having two grandmothers who loved Jesus.
I didn't know my dad's mom that well, as she met Jesus when I was 8.
But Grandma Jost and I had lots of memories together.
Grandpa and Grandma came to our home for Christmas every year. I don't remember a Christmas without them. They would visit often. We would sing together.
I remember once, in my teens, Grandma and I danced together in our living room. That was fun! We have a dark blurry picture to prove it. (me in my misfit outfits)
I have so many memories, times spent with them when they lived in Medicine Hat, break-fast with them, helping them move a few times, playing Rook, laughing with Grandma...watching her read her Bible. She was so faithful to do that.
Grandma was soo excited when I came home from Ontario with the family in Nov. 2007 with a ring on my finger. She was thrilled for me. I loved having her share that excitement with me.
And then they moved again - to our house. :) Kinda of a cute - together picture. :)
They lived with us for a while, and that was during my wedding planning time, so I didn't spend very much time with them - Anne-Marie and Charissa served them much better than I. But I am glad for the times Grandma had me paint her nails. She made sure I did get a bit of time with her, other than family meals. :)
Grandma loved her grandchildren. (Andrew and Rebecca showing off their darling baby. - Don't even ask me which one...I think it's Karina...? :)
 And then I got married to the love of my life - June 7th, 2008, and I moved away....

 Sharing a laugh together.
 Holding Katelyn for the first time.
At a friend's wedding.
 Meeting our little boy Erik
And this was the last time I saw her.
Already a year ago. It doesn't seem that long. I've talked to her on the phone, even though she can't hear me. (Grandpa relays the message :)
So now, no more pictures of Grandma and me. But I'm thankful for the ones we have.
I am blessed to have such a godly loving Grandmother, who cared for us, and took part in our joys.
Now, I'll just look forward to heaven even more, as more people that I love, are waiting and enjoying Jesus.
Love you Grandma!

6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss, Elizabeth! My own Grandma was so special to me and influenced my life so much! Yet, in sorrow we have such a hope! I will be thinking of you and your family at this time!
    Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures sis. We will all miss Grandma very much, along with you. She was an awesome gracious lady. It truly makes us look forward to heaven even more, having her there. Eternity is now, yet even closer.
    Love you tons.
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss Elizabeth en James! Wij hebben haar ontmoet op jullie huwelijksdag,inderdaad een lieve dame!
    Dat zij nu bij de Here Jezus is mag een grote troost zijn die niet iedereen gegeven is.
    Moge de Here jullie steunen en troosten.
    Lieve groeten,
    Wim en Lisette

    ps Ik waag het niet om alles in het engels te schrijven,hopelijk kan James het nog lezen?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. Grandparents are such a special part of our lives. It hurts so much to say good-bye, but you are right -- it makes us look forward to heaven more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, Thank you for sharing about your Grama this way. I never knew her, of course, so this helps me to picture the one you are missing this side of Heaven. My sympathy to you. So grateful she is a believer. It was neat to see pictures of you too and your family. It doesn't seem that long ago that you were at Camp Promise, but it must be a few years because since seeing you, you have a husband and two children! Love to you, Karen the "Miss" one from camp. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved looking at your pictures, what wonderful memories. I'm so happy that our grandmother's are together with Jesus. You are very right, it does make you long for 'home'. Thank you for sharing this! - Cousin Joanna Bygrave

    ReplyDelete