Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Jason's Baby Dedication


Finally - we had our Jason Mark dedicated back to the Lord.
Though we've given him back to God a few times already. :) In hospital rooms, and waiting for surgery.
This is the longest we've ever waited to officially have them dedicated - he's almost eight months - usually we aim for three months. :) But that's just how it happened this time.

A dear lady in our church gave him a special gift and card - so he's holding it on his own like the big boy he is.

Elita peeking. :) 
I handed my camera off to Shantel to take pictures for me during the dedication - and am so thankful for what she captured for us. I rarely have anyone that can take pictures for me, so this was a treat. :) 

Singing the songs selected by Rob for that Sunday - all meaningful - like "He Giveth More Grace" - and "Take This Child"...
Shane and Greg led the baby dedication - I included the words they spoke - as we dedicated both ourselves to raising Jason, and the family at Bethel agreeing to be a part of his spiritual and physical well being. Pretty amazing to be a part of a church like this. 

This dedication time was special. It was the most emotional one for me... though I think it hit others in a meaningful way too - just everything that's happened with Jason. Thankfulness that he's with us, and honestly, me scared about the future too. 
This last week I've been hurting over this whole Down syndrome thing, trying to reconcile it all in my mind.  Allowed by God - but it's really caused by sin - by the fall. We are broken because of sin. We shouldn't have conditions like this, or Cerebral Palsy, or Autism, or any kind of special needs, or sickness. But we do. 
But God redeems. 
And He takes what looks different, and broken, and makes it beautiful. Makes both us as a family, and Jason usable through it all... 
Thank God for redemption. 


Looking at my boy when we were praying. :) 
I can't help it - he's so precious. 
(and he was hungry and I didn't want him to cry til we were done!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment