Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our First Thanksgiving

It is our first Thanksgiving together, and its a different one. We're really happy, and tonight we'll join the rest of our siblings up in Collingwood - a few hours north- at a rental cabin, and spend all of tomorrow with other friends up there, enjoying the fall colors and hiking around. We'll have the traditional turkey dinner too.
It is different though....I'm very happy, but I've had a few tears thinking about home and how I'm not there for the little traditions we had together. At the same time, I wouldn't want to be there, :) since then I wouldn't have James, and we are so happy together. I think it will be easier once we can have our own home and start our own traditions, decorate the house all pretty, and start having others over.
But for now, I'm just so thankful for all those special times at the old home, with more to come, and am so grateful to God for my family - all of them! My first family, and my new ones. I love you all....wish I could give you all a hug. But until Christmas, I'll just try to be patient. :) You are all so special to us, and we can't wait to see you.
One thing that is extra special this year, is that I have my wonderful husband, who is so amazing to me, and loves me just the way I am. I am so blessed. God is good.
~Happy Thanksgiving to all~

No comments:

Post a Comment