Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rollerblading Days

With all this amazing almost summerlike weather we've been having, we're trying to make good use of the bike paths around our place. So we've been rollerblading - all three of us. :) Katelyn is in the Ergo, and is very safe as James is an excellent blader. :)
Our first trip down the path one evening.
Katelyn absolutely loves it, she has a big smile on for a lot of the time and loves going somewhere - doesn't matter where we're going, as long as we're going. :)
Then the other day, we rollerbladed all the way into Brantford and back - a total of 15 km. which was such fun. We had pizza for supper there, at the plaza on the edge of town. :) Such a fun memory. It was rather an emotional day for me, so I'm pretty tired there, but happy. :)
The three of us. :) Katelyn does look at the camera but doesn't smile very much unless someone is actually behind the shutter.
And I'm really thankful to God for leading us to a special find yesterday. I have been looking online for about a year, for a used bike trailer/jogging stroller that we could use on the paths around here, when yesterday one came up. It was in our price range and what we wanted, so hooray, we picked it up last night! It's a older chariot (made in Calgary!) and a double stroller, which hopefully will be very useful in the days to come. And Katelyn will enjoy the freedom of space too, when we don't feel like using the Ergo down the path. :)

2 comments:

  1. Aw, hon - I wish I could give you a big hug and bring you some cookies. Love you so much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I understand those emotions! Sometimes I feel that my hormones betray me! After a miscarriage, it can take months for those nasty hormones to settle down... I hope you are feeling more settled soon.
    Love, Jenny

    ReplyDelete