Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Singing as a Heikoop

We sang at a Senior's Evening in Waterloo a couple weeks ago. It was a neat evening. One that made me remember what it was like a while ago when I was singing with "The Fehr Family". :) Lots of memories... this time though, I had my husband beside me, playing mandolin alongside his guitar; and I watched my little girl clap her hands as we sang, raising her hands as if to say "Hallelujah"! A special time.
Me and the little gentleman, Micah. It was cute, cause when we all arrived, I followed the kids down the stairs to the basement, and overheard a couple say (about me) "...that must be the mom..." I chuckled in my head...I sure look young to have 9 children. :) One day I hope, but not at 25 years old!
Deanna and Julia- Ben's girlfriend came along and shared the fun & helped out. Deanna is a sweet gal, and has been such a blessing to me - a great listener and encourager.
The Senior's Group we sang too.
Uncle William and Katelyn. He has an 'application' for his iphone that has the piano/keyboard on it. Kate loves to play on it, banging on the keys and making music. :)
The second generation singing a few songs for the people. It was a fun evening, and I'm thankful for the chance to sing again, and keep on attempting a few of those instruments.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you can continue to use your talents for the Lord. Our loss was the Heikoop's singing group's gain. ...and what a wonderful family to be singing with!! Mom

    ReplyDelete