Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Wedding Part 2

The medium Heikoop family.
Taken at the photography studio while waiting for the Heikoop clan's group picture. :)
Visiting with each other.
Two cousins - rather adorable in pink and ivory. :)
Katelyn: "am I tilting just right?"
The day Katelyn learned to sniff flowers...so sweet.
Rachel and Kate - the nieces were such a big help during that weekend - always ready to help and hold.
My place setting... I'm Mrs. Elizabeth Heikoop - fun! :)
The decor was gorgeous - chandeliers, tall vases with hydrangeas, white tablecloths and chair covers, candles, sparkling juice etc.
The candy bar buffet - which was the favors - you filled up a bag of what you wanted. Neat idea.
Announcing the married couple
Nelly getting ready for us all to sing the song she wrote for Ben and Deanna: "What Love Did to Me". It was a really pretty song, and I put the lyrics down below so you could see. :)
What Love Did To Me
(You Chose Me)

I look into your eyes today
And think the thoughts that words can’t say
If everyone would disappear
I’d just be glad that you are near….
That’s what love did to me

Chorus:
With Grateful heart I praise the Lord,
But most of all I thank Him for:
The day that I discovered-
You chose me

You could have chosen someone who
Wouldn’t take the risks I often do
I don’t deserve to feel this way
So I’ll just smile and simply say:
It’s what the Lord did for me

A river could not quench this flame;
Strong as death and wide as fame
How did I strangely come to be
Completely bound yet fully free….
That’s what love did for me
-by Nelly Heikoop
Bride and Groom

This was in the wedding program at the back - a beautiful memorial to Bonnie, written by Ben. A bunch of us cried when we saw that... :) A special letter to a special sister of theirs...


Doing our Heikoop skit - depicting a courtroom scene. (Deanna's dad is a Judge) Ben was on trial. :) We had fun telling stories on Ben (William was against Ben - Heather was his lawyer) and showing pictures of all the crazy stuff that has happened in Ben's life. :)
One of the events of the evening was a durian fruit tasting time - :) One of Deanna's sisters, (she has four married sisters) is from Indonesia and brought the fruit. Sarah did the best of the contestants there, as she has had a bunch of durian in the Philippines. Cutting the cake. :)
Nelly did the most gorgeous job on the flowers. :) Sigh...I love fresh flowers. I was telling her: I would love to get married again - same guy, same colors, same bridal party, same flowers.... weddings can be so much fun! One of the bridesmaids gave me her bouquet which I have been enjoying so much.
Dad Heikoop continued on his tradition of making something special for the wedding reception. This time it was a "Carr Carrier" (Carr is Deanna's maiden name :) Very well done.

This video is taken at the tail end of a game at the reception. Five chosen couples were running around the round, collecting monopoly money based on their kiss they had demonstrated earlier. You gave the money to the most deserving couple...and the bride and groom won. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment