Tuesday, September 28, 2010

An Evening with the Kids

I'm strange. I look at some blogs every day wondering why they haven't updated them. :) After all, a mom with 10 kids should be able to write at least a little something, for the rest of the world to see and be inspired by right...? :) (yes, I'm joking dearies) And then there is little old me. Me+ every few weeks = a few posts. Good thing I don't have a blog that the whole world sees. They would be very disappointed in me. :)
I would love to be a good blogger - have a blog that is very creative looking, write amazing posts for others to see, and of course take top of the line photography...but that is a dream which doesn't need to see reality...sigh... I'm not a writer, or a photographer, and one who barely scrapbooks. :) So this is just a little spot to keep record of our lives, for us, for our family and anyone else who wants to see a mediocre blog. :)
Just a picture of Katelyn sharing her water with James. :)
I found the little missie playing with her toys with a doll cape on her head. :) As a mom, I thought it was rather cute.
We had the nephews and nieces over for a quick supper one night, using our BBQ...oh what fun it is to BBQ. :) Micah is on our shed roof. :)
James playing soccer with the boys.
Waiting for the picnic supper. :)
And then in the evening, the boys and Julia stayed behind, and they played with our budgie (which we're trying to sell, so if anyone wants him....let us know :)
Hendrik and Sprite.
Playing "Match the Penguins". One of my favorite games.
They are pretty good at it too. Caleb and I were competing against each other. :)
So there you go, all caught up for now. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh Elizabeth! Your blog is NOT mediocre! You are such a creative, multi-dimentioned person. There is nothing flat or mediocre about YOU!
    The other day a friend was bemoaning her children's lack of interest in music and asked me how we got our kids to like it. I told her they like it because it is IN them. I never had that as a child (of course I appreciate good music, but I can't make good music ;)). I told her to find what was in her own kids - be it outdoor sports, training horses (they live on a ranch) or whatever - and then help them pursue it. The point is to let them develop fully as a person and give them something that they can be good at and enjoy.
    You are good at so many things. You are a fully developed person. You have so much to give others. Don't let what God has given to another person ever take away your joy in what he has given you!
    Oh dear, I'm sounding preachy...but it has just taken me so long to learn this in my own life. I have sure missed out on some joy!

    Just so you know, I bought Match Of The Penguins just because Heather said it was your favorite game. It has become a favorite here too...and the kids have a very hard time beating Steve at it!

    Hugs
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny. :) You're so gracious and encouraging. I appreciate your note. It is so true that what God has placed IN us, we tend to be better at, and we are all so different! (and it's soo good that we are all different)

    That's so great that the kids and Steve love the game. It'll be fun when Katelyn can play it...one day. :) Love ya cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me .. if you ever write a dumb thing like that again ... I'm gonna come over and make you re-write it myself. You are very creative and organized and great at getting fun shots and helping others with your creative flare. So many fun and exciting traits and gifts -- so much to explore with them. You are a tough one for being pleased -- we all have that in us -- but don't let that detour you from enjoying the gifts He has given you. And don't bother calling me gracious cause I'm being far from that in my heart. :) Love you Liz. We're all glad you're you -- now you need to ask Him to help you be glad you're you. Love you. Thanks for your help today. Heather:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Liz you're a great blogger! Your blog is one of my very favorites to visit... ever. :D Party due to your precious little Katy! But I just love catching up on your news, and cute pictures too! :)

    And your photography is so great because it captures the REAL moments in life... the moments that really matter!! And friends and family really do love to see them! :)

    Your writing has made me laugh.. and it has brought me to tears. You have a way with words.

    And your scrapbooking!! The book of yours and James' engagement is soo cute, I LOVED looking through it Liz! You're great!! God bless you!! :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You dear people - your comments made me laugh (yes you rascal Heather) and smile. :) (& I'm still smiling as I write this too...) I guess I SO don't know how to write, cause I wasn't discouraged when talking about my dreams of being a good blogger or what I'm more naturally gifted towards... :) I was actually more amused when I wrote it - and I was trying to share what I was thinking & feeling, and not expecting any feedback or encouragement buildup...but I still appreciate it!!! :) Oh dear... maybe one day I'll convey the right emotions in writing. But I'll still take the sweet notes! :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aha!! well, well, now all that for nothing! ;) Just kidding. :) <3

    ReplyDelete