Friday, July 12, 2013

The Gardens

 
This summer, we finally finished most of the landscaping we wanted to do... at least for now. :)
So glad for all the work that was done by my family when they were here.
Here is the BEFORE:
 And the AFTER:
That round garden is gone - hooray - new brick work (which took us like 3-4 times to get what we wanted - good grief) along the house, and new grass planted. It will take a bit for the grass to fully cover, but it's a great start for this year. We also want to take that "darling" green outdoor carpet off the steps, repair the concrete and paint or tile it, but that will probably next year or later on.
The Backyard BEFORE:
And now AFTER:
 
 
 
The square foot garden - that's more like a sprawling "square".
My zucchini, dill, parsley, basil, lavender, thyme and from Alberta, my mint.
(which my dear family brought in the van on their trip)
The peas - with a cucumber neighbor that was never transplanted - oops.
Carrots, lettuce, with onions, beets and radishes in the back.
We also planted broccoli, peppers, beans, squash, and two types of tomatoes and peas.

The new grass that is coming in quite well, as are the weeds. :)

The grape vine. Clearly we are not vine dressers...yet...
My hydrangea row. So pretty - but so blooming empty. :) I think they need some kind of fertilizer... :)
So there you go.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Liz! I love your space. It is so fantastic and so you!! What a ton of work you guys put in. I love it. =)

    ReplyDelete