Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Midwife Rally

A few weeks ago,  I got a call from our local midwives, asking if we'd join the bus ride to Toronto for a midwife rally at Queens Park. I didn't know if I'd really want to, especially with just me and the two darlings go without James - but he encouraged me to do it, so we went. :) It was for the "pay equity" issue, and since I love my midwives, we went.... :) On a yellow big schoolbus, with some other moms, dads, and kids. :) (although our bus only 8 adults and 10 little ones) The ride went well, and we got to Queens Park in good time.
The large gathering.
It was so windy and we were so at the back, that we couldn't hear anything being said. But when the clapping began, I helped out a little. In reality, it was all I could do, to look after my little ones, but it was a good, hot and long day experiance. :)
 They passed out stickers, bubbles, and posters for us to use...Katelyn enjoyed the bubbles.
It was later when we got back -8 p.m. - and then got ready for bed. :) I met another young mom of two on the bus from our area, so maybe we'll get together every so often in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment