Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Third Anniversary

 Already three years since our wedding day... it's been a wonderful three years, with many many more to come Lord-willing. I love being married to James. He is absolutely the most perfect person for me. It truly was amazing to see how God brought James into my life, and led our two lives together. So thankful for him. 
My beautiful flowers from my man.
We ended up celebrating our anniversary the next day, due to me forgetting which day of the week it was, and planning for our babysitter (Nelly) the wrong day...cough...cough... but it worked out great. It was actually better :) and we got two kinda dates out of it! On our "real day" we just had a nice supper and evening, and the next day, after working, we went to Port Dover alone. It was lovely. We started the evening off by going on a boat cruise - about 40 minutes long. Very relaxing and enjoyable - it took you through part of the town, and the yacht club and marina.
The boat guide showed us all these next kind of boats...wish my daddy could've seen it. :) I'm sure he would have given way more history and trivia, than our guide did. :)
I enjoyed my new camera on the boat....
This boat was used on D-Day, Normady, France - during WWII. Kinda neat to see that kind of history here. Port Dover, was at one time, the largest commercial fishing producer on Lake Erie.
Our little cruise boat - it was nice and quiet, as only two other couples were on it - last cruise of the day.
Then we enjoyed a picnic supper close to the beach.
Menu:
Honey & Garlic Chicken Wings
Potato Salad
Ceaser Salad
Jello Salad
Buns
Kind of like my mom used to do for us. :)
Then we tried getting a "together" picture by the water...
Lovely sunset...
James took a picture of me and my new glasses - we both found some sunglasses there, which was fun.
My very handsome man. :)
And as a side note, I finally finished our honeymoon scrapbook...only took three years. :) It was rather a large one, but I'm soo glad it's done! Special memories to cherish...and more Lord-willing, to come.

1 comment:

  1. Your time at Port Dover looked like a lovely romantic time! I really like the pic of you Lizzy with your new "sunnies". It's such a pretty shot of you sis! Hugs, Annie

    ReplyDelete