Saturday, January 7, 2012

2011 Heikoop Gift Exchange

January 2nd was when we all got together for our gift exchange. We had a turkey dinner, so it was like a belated Christmas. :)
Heather and her girls decorated the table. It was so gorgeous - I wish I could decorate like her!
There were set people who were in charge with helping with the dinner - which was so delicious.
We ate in the Windmill resturant, which worked out pefectly, and we all got around one table.
The individual place settings. Heather wrote a note to each of us.
All of us - I unfortunately had the wrong settings on the camera - my depth of field is pathetic for a group shot - everyone at the back are all fuzzy, but oh well. :)
Nathan and Katelyn - best buddies.
Sarah and I. It was such a treat to have her home from her midwifery placement in Cambridge. She was on call the night before, and had to be at a birth, but managed to come back for the day. It is neat to watch God leading her, and to see how much she is learning. I admire that gal!
Opa and all the grandsons. Erik kinda messed this shot up, but oh well.
Oma and the girls.

Snippets of gift giving...As you can see, both Will and Brad were given a crokinole board in keeping with the gaming season.
Rob had Erik's name for the Uncle-Nephew gift. He got him a John Deere Tractor to ride on. It was such a perfect gift for him. He loves it, and now doesn't need to try to ride on Katy's trike. :) He was pretty pleased.
Katelyn received a fuzzy dog in a cute little kennel from Hannah and Auntie Heather. Now she and the doggie are inseperable. The poor thing doesn't have a name, other than "doggie".
Mark had my name and got a magnifiying mirror and kitchen knives. A fun gift!
James' gift from Heather and me: a Giant bike.
We got it off Kijij. It was a crazy situation. I had been looking and trying to contact a seller for a month, but the guy only responded once. So I kept trying other sellers of Giant bikes in the area, and no one would contact me. So two days before the gift giving, both Heather (who had his name) and I were getting a bit nervous. William found this online, and in Brantford - perfect. The only thing was, we couldn't get it, or look at it, til Monday evening- when we were to open the gifts. So, Will slipped away during dinner, to look at it, buy it, and got back just as we were about to open the gifts. :) I was so thankful to God that it worked out, as we were cutting it close! :)
Dad and Mom got all the boys these Nike hoodies, and so they had to model them for us.
Seriously, I'm related to these guys???  :) That's why I love 'em. :) You never know what they'll do next!
And mom and dad got us girls all hoodies too! But we're a little more mature & pretty when we pose for the camera. :)
Now what are those grown up men looking at....?
....that... :) a car that drives on the ceiling. :) One of the kid's new toys.
Another game going on...
...and another. Everyone is trying out the new boards.

The squishable, riding his new tractor.
Just about to leave for home; Katelyn in her new "princess pajama's from Oma and Opa. :)
We were all blessed and had a great night, eating turtles, and Deanna's delicious chocolate mint bark stuff. :) I think my chocolate craving was satisfied for a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment