Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Family's Second Visit

At long last, I am starting to catch up. :) It's almost been two months since I've really been here.
And it's been a whirlwind around here. I've been taking a photo editing course, taking sometimes 2-3 family portrait sessions a week for over a month, editing them, trying to keep up with house work and my little family, and of course the other normal things in life. And in all honesty, I didn't do it all well. I pushed myself a little too far, (the meltdowns and exhaustion were a good proof of it) and the family and the house, was put on hold. James and I knew it would be like that for this time, and he was very sacrificial; but, we both agreed, that I wouldn't commit to so much again. :)
At last, things are quieter, and I'm thankful. So, now to catch up, and hopeful be more faithful in our little family blog. I do have a ton of fun pictures to share. Not all of them (if any, really :) will be well taken - or edited. Over here, it's still a bunch of snapshots of our family life. I have to makes sure I keep taking pictures, even if they don't always turn out great. It's still capturing the moments.:) And that's what I want to remember. (in case you didn't get it, that's my disclaimer!)
Now to catch up:
The beginning of November, my family came for a second visit - on the way home from PEI - on their music tour. I got to have them with me for a couple days, which we all enjoyed so much.
 Walking to the Windmill - us three sisters. 
Grandpa pulling Katelyn in our "free" wagon. :) My dear mommy took these shots.
 We were at the Windmill, when Nelly was surprised by Rob with her very own car. :)
 She was pretty happy!
 Auntie Charissa and the squishable.
 After a fun afternoon of girl shopping, we celebrated Anne-Marie and James' birthday, with a special supper. (they both were born on November 14th)
 The special ice-cream cake that mom and dad got for all of us from Dairy Queen. A real treat!

 James made the banner. :)
 His new hat from sista Annie.
Opening presents.
 On their tour, the girls were given these vintage glass baskets by a elderly man.
So, Katelyn and Charissa "modeled" them for us. :)
 Saying goodbye. One last airplane ride from Grandpa.

 Hugs and kisses.
 I hate goodbyes...just seeing these pictures is making me have some tears...
 One last shot of the family before they leave for Alberta.
And the white van begins another journey.
(do you see the hands waving from the windows? :)
Seriously, every time I see a white van with a matching trailer, I do a double-take, and think of my family out west. :) I
I love how Katelyn really got to know and love her Grandpa and Grandma, and her two aunties so much more. She knows their voices well too; everytime their songs come on the ipod, she says, "Grandpa and Grandma". She's right too, most of the time. :)
Now, we'll look forward to the next time, we're together....

No comments:

Post a Comment