Saturday, January 7, 2012

My 27th Birthday!

My birthday began with breakfast in bed, from my dear husband.
I got to sleep in a bit, which was really nice.
Erik playing with the heart balloons that James blew up for me. My darling man, went to town to buy decorations, and on the way home, blew up a ton of balloons. :)
Putting up streamers, and a nice banner that said "Happy Birthday Mama"!
At noon, we left the children with one of great babysitters at home, Shantel, and took off to Toronto. James took me to see "Mary Poppins", which was a special outing. It wasn't exactly as I had hoped, but it was well done, and as theater is, always interesting.
Then we went out for dinner, and some wonderful talking time, which I so appreciated.
Then back home, took Shantel home, and then Nelly appeared with Katelyn (whom she had kidnapped) with a couple gifts. One was a chocolate CD, and another real CD, with Katelyn's voice recorded on it. She sang "Jesus Loves Me" and "Have Patience". It was such a special gift. James got me a NKJ Bible, and Mom got me a platter and gravy set that coordinates with my dishes! Mom Heikoop got me a pitcher and cheese grater, and Rachel, a special friend, gave me a Reitmans gift card and chocolate bar. My sister Annie blessed me with a movie and some money to buy a special candle. :) So I was pretty blessed.
Katelyn, waiting to help me with my gifts. The little rascal - she brings me the gift from James, and says, "it's a Bible". :)
Erik and I.

Us two -right before Nel left.
Me and my favorite man.
Another one of our "timer" pictures of us two.
Amazing to think I'm 27. 3 more years til 30... :)
Hope to do a lot more growing in the coming year - changing, to be like my unchanging God.

No comments:

Post a Comment