Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Valentines Day

This is what Valentines Day is about:
1 Corinthians 13
Christ's love.
 
My valentines day was honestly, the most unloving day I had for a long time.
Sounds perfect, doesn't it, when your hubby has planned a nice little date at a coffee shop without the two older ones. Oh dear.
It was a day, where in the trying of being "pretty" for James, I ended up being very impatient with the children, trying to feed the baby in between trying to curl my hair, (and looking like a fuzzy lion at the end of it) make supper, and trying to stop the tears.
All of that, and my man still loves me. As always.
I knew it it my mind, but I couldn't make it go to my heart, but James would rather me looking "normal" and happy, then "pretty" and angry. :) I was trying, but emotions,  exhaustation  (and my sin nature) from the day had done me in.
After supper, (meatloaf with a ketchup drawn out heart on top) we dropped the kids off at some sweet friends, and went to the Brown Dog in Paris for a special dessert together.  
 Handsome hubby and adorable baby.
I know. I AM blessed.
There's no picture of me, because I looked like a fuzzy lion remember?!
Acutally, because I forgot to get one. Ha. (I had a pony tail to tame the frizz)
Nope there's no picture of us together in one shot. (real life at times)
Nope, I didn't look like the cat's meow. More like the cats. :)
 But we enjoyed the Brown Dog's homemade apple fritters with ice-cream, a hand-pressed lemonade and some coffee. Talked about how stressed I was/am, and what we could do to change some things in how we're living, picked up the kids and went home.
It was memorable. Not exactly fun, pintrest worthy, or even romantic. But memorable. :)
Thankfully - I live with a man who loves being with me every day, who doesn't care when he gets his valentine's card, (which is still coming...cough....cough..) and patiently loves me. Who at times can be quite unloveable.
James loves, like Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment