Friday, August 12, 2016

Going out West: Part 6 (At Waterton)

Mom, Dad and Anne-Marie took us seven to Waterton for the day. I don't know if I had been back since dating James and climbing Bear's Hump... so it was great fun - and so beautiful. 
Before the hike really began. (think we did around 7-8 kilometers)

Grandma was such a great encourager to the kids on the way when they felt like they would die.
This guy was my super hero - we forgot the extra Ergo we brought along - especially for this day - and the newborn insert to boot...so he carried Leanne in his hoodie - another kid on his back in the Ergo, and sometimes another one on his shoulders....
My daddy. 

Amy - her expressions are just so beyond her years...

Isn't my sister a beauty?? 
So if anyone that reads this has a brother that is godly and unmarried - can you please show him this girl? :) - shoot....it's pretty much just my mom that reads this though... haha...

At a wilderness - exposed side - side. :) 

Finally we reached the waterfall that we had worked towards... the kids played in the creek - now having boundless energy - I fed the baby and took pictures. 




I asked daddy - what kind of picture should I take here - as my dad was the camera man growing up... and had some good cameras in his day. And this is what he suggested - and I'm glad I did!


My beautiful momma. 
And the big waterfall. 
On slow shutter speed - to get that smooth water look. 
Anne-Marie got one of me and the falls. :) 

And me of daddy and I. 

My amazing parents. 
And my little giraffe. 
And as soon as we got back to the farm - after DQ ice-cream - I went to Andrew and Rebecca's to do some family pictures for them - we had a blast... :) 
Then the next day was packing up, and starting to say goodbyes... so we were able to do a quick drive around the area to say hi/bye to cousins... 
like the Jostie girls - And Auntie and Uncle too!
Cousin Sharla and her family
Then to Andrew and Rebecca's for lunch - the two buds...
A little mini walk with Becca...
Then more packing - til it was time to say goodbye...oh.. I hate this part. 
Where all my eye makeup is a mess (never put that on til after we leave Liz), and you suddenly realize that there is so much more to say...and it won't be two more years til you see them all again Lord-willing. 
The man and me - I've got such handsome brothers... :) 
Precious papa - who gives so much of himself to his kids and grandkids. 
Dear mommy
Andrew stopped farming for a bit, to say goodbye...
And sweet-hearted Annie - 
After getting in the car - I find a chocolate bar and note from Becca - Anne-Marie filled us up with treats for the kids and more chocolate for us... so thankful and so loved. :) I was greatly deprived of chocolate for the first half of the trip out west - so it was well fixed on the trip back...
Then back to Jon and Sharla's so I could actually hi to this guy for a bit - and see a few of the other Jost guy cousins too...
Then it was on the road -til Medicine Hat - where we stopped in to see Chloe - Reid was gone, but got to see their home, eat a few M&M's - change the kids into p.j.'s and - 
Chloe gave Katie a quick hair cut - as she had done in last in March when they were out. :) 
Then it was drive drive drive - stopping for feeding every few hours - getting another ice coffee in Moose Jaw and headed for Kenora...
Goodbye Alberta - I miss you. :) 
But mostly it's the people you hold.


No comments:

Post a Comment