Thursday, August 1, 2019

Grandma & Grandpa's Visit - March '19

I was getting ready for Leanne's 3rd birthday -decorating a cake, when I got a phone call from my mom. I had been trying to get a hold of her for a day or so, but she was gone, so she was just calling back to say that she and dad had gone on an overnight trip but had got my message from Anne-Marie. Suddenly the kids ran inside and yelled, "Grandpa and Grandma are here"!! 
In shock, I went to the door, and there was my mom and dad. :)
Cue the tears.... yup... they had driven out all this way to help us out with hospital stuff for Jason for the week. What a complete surprise! I rarely am surprised by what are supposed to be surprises, so they did a great job!

Happy my momma is here. 
Me and Daddy that night. 
All the kids got some good time in with them - even Jason with his bandaged up leg. 
Looking at Erik's tractor book together. 
Making paper watches with Grandma just like she used to do for me. 


Then Katy had just finished her report on Japan, so we had an "Asian" meal, where she presented it to us. 
 We had the Japanese style of eating, while Grandma and Grandpa were traditional. 

Katie giving her report. :) A friend lent her the dress. 
 Such a good daddy. :) 
My parents were able to stay for Leanne's birthday which was pretty special too!

No comments:

Post a Comment